
These pictures were taken Sunday Evening (01.14) after we finally got some snow! Daddy bundled Amelia up and took her out sledding and then I bundled Paul up in his adorable little snowsuit that his Gran bought him at Children's Place, and took him outside just so I could take pictures of him with Amelia sledding!
You see, I'm made a photo calendar for 2007 and I'm starting to compile my pictures for 2008's calendar! That way when we use our new calendar next year, we'll have all the memories of the previous year!
Amelia had a blast playing outside on her sled. My cousin Travis gave her, her sled for Christmas last year and she used it once last year when we went to my Grandparents house for the Rittenour Family gathering (My Grandma Gregg's family). She was pretty little last year to really enjoy it, but so far she really liked it last year.
Here is a picture of her in her sled from last year. The hill in our back yard is just perfect for her to sled on, but Daddy said he can't wait until she can pull her own sled up the hill! I can attest to that, the hill doesn't look that big, but it can be a lot when you're towing a 23 pound toddler behind you in 6 inches of snow with all your snow gear on!
Here is a picture of her in her sled from last year. The hill in our back yard is just perfect for her to sled on, but Daddy said he can't wait until she can pull her own sled up the hill! I can attest to that, the hill doesn't look that big, but it can be a lot when you're towing a 23 pound toddler behind you in 6 inches of snow with all your snow gear on!
Her daddy brought her in when her cheeks got too red. The made snow angels before coming inside. Once they got inside, she wanted to go right back out, we had to convince her it was too cold outside (it really was), in Amelia's turns it was too "BRRRR" outside. Now she stands by the patio door and says "Brrr" when she looks outside. I can honestly say, it's been TOO cold this week to go out and play, maybe this weekend we can take her out again.
Winters definitely aren't what I remember as a kid. (Never thought I'd use the phrase, "When I was a kid" Guess, eventually you are no longer a "kid")I remember spending hours upon hours outside playing in the snow. I remember when we lived on the farm just outside of Henning, we had a hill in the pasture that we'd go sledding on, given we didn't actually have any farm animals, so the pasture wasn't used for anything, other than sledding and a place for my dad to cut wood for the wood stove. We just had the occasional tree to dodge, but we always had a great time. I also remember the hours that Amber, Travis and I spent building snow forts and Grandma and Grandpa Jensen's. Grandpa would pile the snow up with the tractor and then we'd dig tunnels through it. Also, they had a HUGE pine tree just at the corner of their front yard by the hayfield that we'd build forts under. And then there was the time when lakes actually froze (more so than they do now) and Amber, Jake and I walked ALL the way across East Battle Lake, we walked from Grandma and Grandpa's Gregg's house clear to the other side of the lake. I don't know how far it was or how old we were but we thought we were setting some great record for walking all the way across the lake. We wanted to call the Henning Advocate (local newspaper) and have them do a story about us walking across the lake. (yes, we were nerds!)
Well enough of me sharing my winter memories...why don't you leave us comments and share yours!
1 comment:
Hey!! I love the page! It looks good, nice to hear about you guys! I should think about doing something like that when I'm not so boring anymore!! LOL! talk to you soon! love ya! Randi
Post a Comment