Tuesday, February 13, 2007

life with a toddler...

what we've learned raising a toddler...
...don't leave things on the counter that a toddler can reach...particularly cupcakes, especially of the chocolate variety...Sunday night we had cupcakes for dessert and Amelia had a half of a cupcake, which she only ate the frosting off of...so when she was done with it, Kevin put her plate on the counter, later on we were watching TV and I ran into the office for something and Kevin asks from the living room if I gave Amelia a cupcake..and I said no...you guessed it...she got it off the counter. half of her half was on the kitchen floor, the other half she carried on her plate into the living room and was sitting on the floor eating it...what they don't think of!
...everything is hers, even if it's not...last night she had something (can't think what it was at the moment) and Kevin asked her for it and she looked at him and said "No No mine!" That was the first time we had heard that and we had the hardest time not laughing, it was so funny!
...always leave the toilet seat down...when I was still on maternity leave, the kids and I were ready for the day and were getting ready to head downstairs and Amelia grabbed my socks off the bed and as we were walking down the hall, she marched right into her bathroom and tossed my socks into the toilet...we've learned our lesson and make sure we leave the toilet seat down, thankfully she doesn't know how to flush yet!
...always a helper...even when you don't need extra hands! Poor Paul,gets his nuk shoved in his mouth even when he doesn't need it...as she shoves it in, she says "Here go" and then she holds it in his mouth.
...every animal is a puppy...even if it's not! No matter how many times we point out what a cow, horse, pig, sheep, etc. etc. is, she still calls it a puppy...someday she'll learn what animal is what...hopefully before she graduates from high school!
There are many other toddler moments we've experienced, however I can't think of all of them right now and this is the second time I've typed all this out, because the first time it closed on me! Look for more Amelia moments to come in the future!
Thanks for reading...keep looking back for more!

No comments: