Wednesday, December 10, 2008

1st Visit to the ER

Well, we took our first trip to the ER with Paul tonight. After dinner he was playing in the living room on his Bounce and Spin Zebra and he had tipped it on it's side and was goofing around on it, it tipped over while he was on it and he hit his forehead on the coffee table. He started crying very hard, instantly. And when I picked him up, he already had a large goose egg and bruise on his forehead and I picked him up within 5 seconds of it happening. Anyone who knows Paul, knows when he gets hurt, or we think he's hurt he just says "Ouch!", rubs what ever place he hurt and then continues whatever he was doing. So I knew something was wrong when he just cried hard. Kevin was at church teaching his Religion class, Gene had came home to eat and Amelia and I were sitting at the table eating too. Paul, on the other hand, had decided he was done eating and was running around. Gene, being the EMT that he his, looked it over right away and I asked if he thought we should take him in to have it checked over. He said he thought that would be best and he called Kevin right away to come home so we could run him up to the emergency room. Thankfully it was a slow night in the ER and we got right in. The doctor checked him over and gave us the green light to take him home, told us what to watch for and to give him some Motrin before bed. Paul impressed the doctor with how well he sat on the exam table while he looked him over. We're happy that everything is okay, glad we took him into the ER to have it all checked over. It is quite the protrusion on his forehead! Below are some pictures from tonight before bed.

I'm sure this wasn't our last trip to the ER with our "spirited" child! :) Oh and I should add, he hopped right back on that darn Zebra as soon as we got home from the ER!



1 comment:

ALISON said...

Oh my! That is a nice bump on the head! Poor Pauly! Glad to hear that it went ok tho!