Wednesday, January 14, 2009

33 weeks + nursery pics!

So weird to think I've already been pregnant for 33 weeks. This whole pregnancy has just flown by! Now the time is closing in on us. We have an appointment on Monday (19) with the OB who did my c-section with Paul, to discuss and schedule the upcoming c-section. I'm anxious to know baby's birthday so I can get everything figured out on the home front, figure out when my last day of work will be and just to know when baby will be here! Amelia is very anxious for baby to get here. She keeps asking every night when we all get home if it's time to go to the hospital. I'm happy to know she's really excited for the baby. Now to establish the ground rules once baby gets here, like no picking the baby up, etc. Should be interesting!!

I think Paul can tell that something is going to rock his little world soon. He's always been our easy to bed kid. Which I believe I forgot to mention, Paul has hit a few milestones since we moved! About 2 weeks after we moved into our new house, he decided that he wanted to start sleeping in his big boy bed and not the crib. When we moved, we set up his twin bed (as it was already up there) and also our extra crib, because we didn't think he was ready for the "big move", well much to our surprise, one night when Kevin was putting him to bed he said "No daddy, my bed! My bed"
Kevin said "You what to sleep in your big boy bed?" '
Paul: "Yes"
Kevin: "Ange (I was putting Amelia to bed), he wants to sleep in his bed, what do we do?!"
Me: Just put him in it and we'll see what happens.

Well the first night he came downstairs and came into our room at about 2 am, but every night after that has been much better. And he hasn't slept in his crib since! Now we need to take it down and get it out of there before baby comes so he can't decide once baby is here that he wants to sleep in his crib again.

Anyway, this past week he's been a bit of a stinker at bedtime. He wants me to sleep with him, etc. But if Kevin puts him to bed and I don't go in there, he goes to bed just fine! Hopefully the sleeping will go better in the next couple weeks!! He also just got his last baby molar, so we're officially done teething until baby #3 gets some teeth!

Here are some new pictures.

33 weeks---01.14.09


The Nursery!

Baby's bed.
We're using the same bedding we got when I was pregnant w/ Amelia. We also used it for Paul. It's from Pottery Barn Kids and I love it. Their bedding is definitely worth the money, still looks brand new 4 years later!


Baby's bed! And his/her new Build-a-bear from Great Granny and Great Papa for Christmas!


Looking from the crib.



My dad built our changing table when I was pregnant w/ Amelia. He used the design I loved from Pottery Barn Kids, but made it taller and longer and it's solid oak, so much nicer that the PBK one! He made it just by looking at a picture from the catalog and using their measurements for an example! This will be a great piece to hang on to for a long time!



Looking in from the door. We still need to buy blinds for the windows...cordless of course!


It was fun getting to do a nursery again after 4 years...thank goodness we moved! Or no new nursery!

Well, it's time for bed!

No comments: