
It's already been five months since we were blessed with baby Adeline. The time sure flies by! I love watching her change and develop into such a little person. She giggles a lot now, especially when Amelia and Paul are talking to her. She smiles almost all the time and very rarely cries, pretty much only when she's hungry! We haven't started her on any sort of solids yet, since our doctor told us we're okay to wait until she's six months old. However, last night at Target I did pick up a box of rice cereal, I'm thinking this coming week may be a good time to try it. If I'm holding her while I'm eating, she's constantly trying to grab my fork. So maybe she's ready for something else?!
I'm still nursing and plan to continue until she turns one, just like I did with Amelia and Paul. However, I've had a rough patch this past month and it's really made me want to quit, but I can't do that. Both Addie and I really enjoy nursing and the bonding far outweighs the pain and discomfort I've been putting up with. It would be selfish of me to just give up and take all the benefits and bonding away from Adeline, especially this far into the game.
Since all three of my male bosses know about my "condition", I know I can share it here as well. haha! I've had mastitis twice in the last three weeks. This past week has been the worst. I ran a fever basically from Sunday morning until Wednesday morning. At it's highest it was at 104.0 and finally Wednesday morning it was down to 99.5. I woke up with a fever Sunday morning, but by lunchtime it was gone and I was feeling better, so we went grocery shopping and our normal Sunday errands after Mass. Then Monday my fever came on around 8:45 am and I had taken some Advil at 7:00 am because my right side was so tender and sore. I fed Addie, took a shower and when I got out of the shower I was extremely dizzy. That's when I called Kevin to come take me to the doctor. I called to the clinic right away and was able to get an appointment for 10:30 with my regular doctor, this wasn't the time I'd want to see one of his associates that's for sure! The nurse took my temp at the clinic and it was at 101.1. She asked if I took anything and I told her I had Advil at 7am and she said "And your fever is still this high?", my doctor asked the normal questions to rule out infection elsewhere. Anyway, he gave me an antibiotic injection to help bring my fever down quicker and then a 10 day rx for an oral antibiotic, which happens to be the same one I took a couple weeks ago. So I missed work Tuesday and I worked the morning Wednesday and took the afternoon off, I was beyond exhausted and still feeling pretty crummy, so they allowed me to go home and sleep. Thankfully, I'm starting to slowly feel more like myself. I'm hoping this is the last time I have this...but that sounds pretty doubtful. Yay me.
Back to Adeline. She is changing every day. She's starting to sit up a little bit. Mostly with the boppy behind her in case she tips, but she's pretty good sitting solo as well. She's definitely stretching out as well. I'm starting to notice certain things are getting too short for her. She's starting to roll places and trying to scoot there as well. We'll put her in one spot and find her in another with in matter of a minute. She's a busy little lady!!
No comments:
Post a Comment