I had three drop-in's yesterday for daycare during the day, and I thought since it's December it'd be a good time to make these for a project. The two littlest ones didn't make them because they are under 1, but all of the other kids made them with assistance from me. I squirted all of the paint in the ornaments because I'm a control freak like that. Actually I was trying to eliminate a mess on little fingers and clothing! They had a great time making them and after the paint was swirled inside, I wrote their names and the year on them with a paint pen. It was a super easy craft and fun to make. Just have to be careful because the ornaments break easily if dropped.
 |
| The supplies---clear glass ornaments and acrylic paint |
 |
- Remove ornament top
- squirt paint in ornament
- replace top
- turn ornament to swirl paint and cover the inside
|
|
|
|
 |
| Finished product. |
 |
| Ornaments the kids made---except for Stella---I made hers. Amelia didn't get her name on hers before I took the picture. |
Paul has two ornaments because he insisted when the big kids got home from school that he needed to make another one and he wanted to write his own name on it. He did a pretty good job despite the "u" being upside down.
2 comments:
Love this project! Going to do it with Austin...maybe Gage, too :)
You could totally do it with Gage. Addie did one, with my assistance, but she turned it around a few times! I squirted the paint in all of them myself.
Post a Comment