Saturday, February 9, 2013

Recently overheard

It's been a while since I did a post about the things overheard at our house, sometimes the only way I remember these is by blogging about them, I have to write them down or I forget!

Out for dinner at a Chinese buffet, Paul loaded his plate with pizza, fried bread dough rolled in sugar, jello, chocolate pudding, cream puffs and a brownie. He looks up from his plate and said "now this is what I call Chinese". As he was eating his cream puff, he said. "This is heavenly"

Watching tv on Friday night, all of the kids were sleeping but Adeline, she is dancing around the living room and stops and says "ahhhh, diet coke, it just hits you". No one was drinking diet coke nor was there any diet coke in sight and she had water to drink. That girl! I don't know where she comes up with this stuff!

Stella is newly potty trained. A couple weeks ago during our first week of potty training, she insisted on going to the bathroom herself, she comes out of the bathroom with no pants and says "I wipe my butt, I flush the potty, I wash my hands" I said to her "did you pull up your underwear?" She looks at me with a puzzled look and says "where my underwear?" And she ran off to the bathroom.

Adeline is very observant and the other day we were getting ready to leave for ECFE and she looked at Gene and said "Papa Ron is losing his hair! I'm going to grow my hair and give some to papa."

One night I was tucking Amelia into bed and she was telling me about a classmate of hers that hugged her when he was passing out the folders at the end of the day. She followed it up by saying he kissed her hand one day at school and then she said "he sure is a funny guy!"

As you can probably imagine with four kids, there is never a dull moment in our house!

No comments: