Wow! Thirty-six weeks have passed. Crazy. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by. Now in less than 3 weeks we get to meet our newest addition to our family, I can hardly wait. Tonight while Kevin was at church teaching his religion class, the kids and I were putting things away in the nursery. It was so much fun, they were both so interested in everything. They were helping me fold the towels, wash cloths and burp cloths. And asking a million questions. Then they discovered the basketful of baby toys and
proceeded to dump the entire basket out and play with them all. Kevin came home and asked what happened in the nursery! All I could say was "What do you think?!" Oh well, they had a good time after all!
While we were sitting there putting things away, I asked the kids again what they thought we were having. Amelia said "A baby brother" and Paul said "A baby sister." Can't wait to see who is right. For the longest time they were both saying baby sister.
Here is my 36 week picture....

According to my babycenter.com weekly pregnancy e-mail, the baby weighs approximately 6 pounds and is gaining an ounce a day and is more than 18-1/2 inches long. Also baby should be head down at this point, in my case, it really doesn't matter. But I'm almost positive he/she is head down, because when they get hiccups I feel it more towards the bottom of my stomach! Next week (37 weeks) baby will be considered full term. But as we all know, baby will be coming at week 39...we hope! I don't want baby to come any sooner. The closer I can go to my due date the better. They say the closer to your due date baby is born the better off the baby is health wise, etc. And 39 weeks is the soonest most OB's will perform a c-section, unless medically necessary.
I'm now on to weekly doctor visits. I have an appointment in the morning. Hoping all goes well!
Looking at this picture...Kevin and I are both thinking it's a boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment