Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Two Month Well Baby Update...

Miss Adeline had her two month check up this morning. Everything went fairly well. She's growing. This morning she weighed in at 13 pounds 5 oz! And she's 24 inches long. By far our biggest baby thus far! Paul was only 13 lbs 1 oz at his two month check up and I haven't looked at Amelia's baby book yet (need to dig it out again), but my guess is she was right around 11 pounds or so. she was really a peanut when she was a baby! We thought Paul was a big baby! I had peeked at his baby book last night to see how big he was when he was 2 months old. Kevin, Gene and I were guessing how big Adeline was prior to her appointment. Kevin guessed 12 lbs 8 oz, Gene guessed 12 lbs 6 oz and I guessed 13 lbs even. Too bad I didn't put a wager on it! Ha! A pedicure sure would have been nice or maybe even a night where I didn't have to cook dinner!

Addie didn't have the four vaccinations, plus an oral vaccination that she was scheduled to have at today's appointment. Last night she started coughing like Amelia and Paul have for the last week. It's pretty raspy and she has a difficult time breathing when she gets a coughing spell. Our doctor thinks she may have the start of croup, so he gave her a shot of decadron which is a steroid that helps open up her airways. If things aren't looking better by Friday, I'm suppose to bring her in again on Friday and have her tested for RSV. I'm hoping her cough improves and that we don't have to worry about RSV. Everything else looks great, he said her heart murmur seemed fainter than the last time he listened to that, so that's good news. Next week I have to take her back to the office for a nurses visit to have her immunizations.

Overall we're all doing well. Amelia and Paul are finally done with their fevers, Paul had his Monday-Friday last week and Amelia has hers from Friday-Monday. Thankfully Adeline hasn't had a fever thus far...I hope it continues!

Until next time, have a good week!

1 comment:

Randi Perschau said...

oh i hope she gets better!!! i'm sending good thoughts your guys' way!!