Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Our Little Lamber


This is Amelia's second and last year as a Little Lamb. She is attending the  local Catholic school for preschool. The preschool program is called "Little Lambs", but the older students call them "Lambers." This year she is going two days a week, all day. From 8:10-2:30. She goes Mondays and Wednesdays. Mondays I will drop her off and pick her up. Wednesday, due to my work schedule, Kevin will take her and then she'll go to the after school care and I will pick her up when I get off work.
Sounds like drop off and pick up went well today. Kevin said she was a little nervous at first, but she did great. Her teacher had a funeral go to go today, so she was only there part of the day and they had a substitute most of the day. When Kevin picked her up, he talked to Sister Mary Margaret, who is the principal and she said Amelia was a little clingy to the teacher until lunch time, then Sister saw her at lunch and asked her if she'd like help getting her food, and so Sister helped her and then she saw Madison, our little neighbor girl, she's in kindergarten and then they ate lunch together and played on the playground together.

I know the days will get easier for her. I still am having a hard time believing she'll be in kindergarten next year!

Click here for last years first day of school picture!
Paul was upset this morning that Amelia was going to school, because he wanted to go to Mimi's school too!
I said to him "Paul, what do you have to do to go to school too?"
Paul: "Not wear diapers. I need my unders, I want to wear unders like daddy's"
Me: "Well, you go potty all day at Kim's and then we'll talk tonight" (I was on my way out the door!)
Paul: "No mom, I need my unders like daddys"
Me: "How about some pull ups?"
He agreed and took them to daycare, got to daycare and told Kim "I brought my big boy pull ups so I can go potty"
Sounds like the pull ups stayed in the diaper bag the whole time!! Someday he'll decide to be potty trained!

No comments: