Monday, August 30, 2010
36 weeks
Between weeks 35 and 36 I started developing a rash, it got worse as the days went on. It started the weekend of August 13th when my mom, step-dad, sister and niece were at our house, at first I thought it was just heat rash because it was hot that weekend and we were busy cooking meals for our freezer and we had went shopping to the outlet mall, but by Monday morning I had red spots all over my entire body. I called my doctor about it and he suggested taking 2 Zyrtec a day instead of 1 that was taking for seasonal allergies, he said that should help with the itching, but it just wasn't cutting it. I had an appointment with him in just a few days so I was going to try and wait it out until then. Tuesday I went to work, I was looking pretty beat up, the rash had started on my face and my eyes were a little swollen, when I got back from lunch the rash looked even worse than it did when I got to work that morning. My co-workers highly suggested that I go to the doctor. Of course Tuesday is my doctors day off, but I did manage to get an appointment with one of the other doctors at the clinic. I saw their only female physician and she was very helpful, she diagnosed me with PUPPP She gave me an liquid solution to rub onto the spots, it only gave me very minimal relief. Wednesday morning when I woke up my eyes were so swollen I could hardly get them open enough to put my contacts in. The rash continued to worsen, thankfully I was seeing my doctor first thing Thursday morning. He gave me a steroid shot to help with the rash along an oral steroid to take for 6 days, it helped to clear up the rash pretty well, but I'm still very itchy and it looks like I have chicken pox all over my body. The picture below was taken on Thursday evening after the steroid shot and a full days dose of the oral steroid, I looked much worse Thursday morning, this was an improvement if you can believe that! We're getting very excited for our baby girl to arrive, we go see the OB in the morning to finalize everything before the c-section next week!
Labels:
Angela,
baby,
belly pics,
pregnancy #4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment