My mom, step-dad, sister and niece all came down for the weekend. Originally it was just going to be my mom and step-dad and last week my sister decided she'd come too. When my mom and I had talked a while ago about them coming down to visit,I had asked her if she would help me make some freezer meals for after baby arrives and she agreed that that was a good idea.
They arrived just before 9:00 on Friday night. We spent part of Friday night into the early morning hours making 3 pans of lasagna (we froze 2, ate one Saturday night), we thought it was best to knock that off our list while the kiddos slept peacefully. Then Saturday when we got up we made 2 chicken pot-pies and peanut butter cookie dough. We broke up our cooking by running to the outlet mall in Medford as Amber was in search of fall clothes for Baby Hazel. We didn't spend too much time at the outlet mall, only went to two stores, it was TOO hot and miserable for me that I knew we couldn't stay long, but we did find some good deals. After we returned from shopping we made two kinds of cookie dough, chocolate chip and M&M, my mom baked some cookies and the rest we froze into balls and put them in freezer bags for later use. After dinner we made 2 more chicken potpies and 2 meatloaves. It's going to be so nice to have those meals in the freezer. The potpies are SO simple to make and so tasty, I can't wait for it to be fall! I hope to get a few more meals in my freezer between now and September 9th when baby arrives.
Friday is my last day of work at my current job and then I get to take over my new job title "Stay at Home Mom", I'm so excited, I can hardly wait. I know there will be challenges along the way, but I'm willing to accept the challenge and I will continue to pray that God lead us in the right direction and that he helps us to provide for our family.
Here are a few pictures from the weekend with the kids with Baby Hazel.
No comments:
Post a Comment