| Tiny Squishy Newborn Adeline |
| Two year old Adeline |
Yes, my sweet little girl is missing one of her front teeth. We had a bit of a freak accident happen. Back in October we were walking home from church and she was running ahead of us, Paul went to stop her and grabbed ahold of her backpack and she fell and face planted into the sidewalk. Of course it happened the same day we were headed to my Godson Jameson's 2nd birthday party, she had a huge fat bloody lip. I tried looking at her tooth then, as did her Godmother Randi, who is also a dental assistant, neither of us could get a real good look at it. But the next day once the swollen lip went down a bit I could see her tooth a little better and it looked like she had just scrapped her tooth, I kept my eye on it and I think in November I checked it again and then I could see a hair-line vertical fracture, but it wasn't loose. Fast forward to the beginning of December and I was brushing her teeth and checked it again and this time it was loose. So I e-mailed one of my former bosses and he recommended that I bring her in and have it checked over. I brought her in, and the doctor didn't get a real good look at it because she wouldn't really open her mouth for him, he did give me a mouth mirror and it I was able to get a look at the lingual (tongue side) of it and could see the fracture was all the way through. He told me to just watch it since I knew what to look for and that we'd probably have it pulled when she was closer to three. This was at the beginning of December when I took her in. In February, it was REALLY loose and she was starting to bite on the lose piece and Kevin was afraid she'd aspirate it and asked me if I would just pull it out, so he held her and I pulled it out in less than 2 seconds, she cried just a tiny bit. The other piece still seemed stable at that time, so the following day I called the office and talked to Dr Smyth and told him that I pulled it and he said to continue watching it. Well last Friday before we were going out of town the piece that was still in there had shifted to her mid-line, so I pulled that piece as well, so now she looks like a little red-neck missing that tooth! The root still remains under the gums as it appears that the tooth fractured vertically first and also at the gumline. The root will resolve when the permanent one forms more and starts to push down. It never seemed to bother her. Kevin said she looks really mean now that she's missing that tooth!
Happy Birthday Baby Girl! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment