Monday, April 4, 2011

Girls weekend

I headed to St. Cloud Saturday morning with my good friend Kelly for her future sister-in-law's bachelorette party. We decided to take off in the morning so we could shop, have lunch and do whatever we wanted before all of the festivities started at 5 pm. Our first stop of the day was Crafts Direct. I LOVE that store. The first time I had been there was a few years back when I was up their the annual Women's weekend with my mom, Grandma, aunt, great aunts and cousins. It's an amazing store and if you've never been there, you need to check it out. I could spend hours and hundreds of dollars there...I'd gladly take $500 to spend there any day! After that we headed to the mall for a quick bite to eat and then a little shopping. I had one store in mind that I wanted to check out, because they don't have many stores in Minnesota yet and it was Crazy 8, it's one of the sister stores to Gymboree and it's very affordable. I love Gymboree too, but only if I can hit a good sale and with a coupon!  One of my second cousins also happens to be the store manager at Crazy 8 and I hadn't seen her since 1998 when my grandparents had a family reunion at their house, she's a year younger than me, she happened to be working so it was a lot of fun to see her and catch up a bit while I shopped! Amelia had birthday money that I was going to put towards summer clothes for her because none of her stuff from last summer with fit because she has stretched out so much. So I took some of it along and got her 4 new outfits, plus a few other small things and she was so excited to see what I brought home for her! After the mall we headed to Shopko, to the liquor store for some wine to drink while we were getting ready and then to the hotel to check in. We stayed at the Kelly Inn in downtown St. Cloud. We ate dinner at Mexican Village downtown SC and then went to MC's Dugout, they had a really tasty drink called the Tropical Buffalo...so good and so worth every penny! Our last bar stop was The Red Carpet and that's where I learned I'm WAY too old for the bar/night club scene. I had a good time, but felt completely out of place there. We stayed there until a few minutes before bar close. We stopped at Jimmy John's for a late night snack, then back to the hotel to hit the hay! It was nice to get away for a day and a half. Thanks for inviting me Kel!

2 comments:

Hannah Lahti said...

Ahh...the infamous Tropical Buffalo!! Sounds like you had a fun time, and it was great to see you, too!!

Kelly said...

I am glad you were able to come! I had another "old lady" to hang out with!! Love ya!