Monday, October 22, 2012

First day of school

Can you believe we sent two kids off to school this year?! Amelia went to first grade and Paul went to kindergarten. It's still hard for me to believe either of them should even be old enough to go to school. Their signs say what grade they are in, the date and what they want to be when they grow up. Paul wants to be a fisherman on the ocean and Amelia wants to be a nurse. I thought I'd try something new this year as a way to document how they change year to year.

I also had started this with Amelia when she started school, taking a picture of her standing in front of the street sign, it's fun each year to see how much taller she is. So I had to continue it with Paul. 
Pretty excited for school!





Getting on the school bus for the first day of Kindergarten. Paul rode the bus home last year from preschool. He LOVES riding the bus. We'll see how long that lasts!!
Both kids are rocking personalized Thirty-One backpacks this year! I let them pick the backpack they wanted, along with what they wanted for their personalization
 Addie and Stella were very excited to see the bus come after school, they missed the big kids during the day! We had to wait outside for the bus to come!

Everyone was so excited after school!


Addie was pretty excited to see her big sister and big brother!

They both had a great first day of school. Paul really loves routine and was more than ready to head to school this year. We have conferences in a few weeks, I can't wait to hear what his teacher has to say. He has the same teacher Amelia had last year, we really like her and I think she's a good fit for Paul. Hard to believe we're already about a month and a half into the school year. I keep saying I'm going to get our blog up to date, but so far I'm failing at that!

No comments: