Saturday, August 16, 2008

No-Sew Tu-Tu


I finished my first, okay my second no-sew tu-tu. The first one I never actually finished. I had run out of tulle and since I bought more, I've been putting it off and have forgotten about it. Soon, I will finish it for Miss Amelia. The tu-tu above that Amelia is modeling is for our niece Brenna. Shana had asked me back in March if I could make one for Brenna. I've had the tulle since then, we're finally seeing them tomorrow, so I thought I better get the tu-tu done. It took me maybe a little over an hour.

How I did it...
-cut a long piece of ribbon (I never measured it, but you need enough to fit around the waist along with enough to tie the tutu into a bow on the back.)
-tulle cut into 18 inch strips

fold a piece of tulle in half over the ribbon and double knot it. Continue this until you have enough to go around the child. leave enough ribbon to tie a bow.

Finished product...

No comments: