Sunday, September 21, 2008

Girlfriends' Mystery Tour

Saturday, September 20, 2008
Naomi (co-worker/friend) and I set out for a fabulous day out on our "Girlfriends' Mystery Tour." This was our Christmas present from the doctors, what a fabulous gift! We were suppose to go back in May with four other co-workers, but unfortunately our tour was canceled due to a large group backing out at the last minute. The first group of girls (eight total) went the first Saturday in May and had a blast! So we were all a bit disappointed that our tour was canceled.

The weather yesterday was perfect, we couldn't have asked for a better day out!! Read on about our many destinations. Remember, the key to this event, was that it was all a mystery and we had no idea where we were going until we arrived at our destination!

Naomi and I on the bus




Our bus left Apple Valley around 9:45. It was suppose to leave promptly at 9:30, but there was a late girlfriend. The bus ride started out with mimosa's, or in our case, plain orange juice and reciting "The Girlfriends' Mystery Tour Pledge."

Our first stop was for brunch at Spill the Wine in downtown Minneapolis. We enjoyed a nice brunch and those who could, sampled a glass of red wine. After leaving Spill the Wine, we headed for the Guthrie Theater, upon arriving at the Guthrie, we learned we were going to go on horse drawn carriage rides across the Stone Arch Bridge. After our carriage rides, we toured the Guthrie and walked out onto the endless bridge. What a beautiful place!

Reflection...

Endless Bridge @ the Guthrie

On the Endless Bridge
After touring the Guthrie, we walked over to the Mill City Farmer's Market, which was pretty cool. Lots of goodies for sale! I enjoyed a fresh squeezed strawberry lemonade!

After leaving the Guthrie/Mill City Farmer's Market we were off to St. Paul. We took a river cruise upon the Jonathan Padleford.

After leaving the Padleford we went back to Minneapolis to the Hennepin Center for the Arts for salsa dancing lessons...learned that I'm still as uncoordinated as ever!

Then it was time for dinner!! Off to Gasthof zur Gemutlichkeit for a fabulous German dinner. I must admit, it wouldn't have been my first choice for dinner, but it was a day of doing new things and I tried the food, loved it and now I want to go back!! The atmosphere was a lot of fun and really added to the dining experience. And with Oktoberfest going on, that added a little more to the experience! I would highly recommend if you're ever in NE Minneapolis to check this place out!

<aOur final destination was to the Fun Sisters Boutique, they opened up just for us for our own private shopping experience. They had a lot of neat stuff and I even scored a new handbag!

I highly recommend if you're looking for a great gift for someone or just a fun day out with some friends or mother/daughter day out that you check out Girlfriends' Mystery Tour.
My new handbag...the straps are brown.

No comments: