So my big project of the day was cleaning upstairs. We recently put our extra crib together in Amelia's room in preparation for Adeline to move up there before the baby comes. We had given my sister the dresser that was in Amelia's room for her baby, it was a dresser my dad had made long ago and we've been moving it all over the place, so thought it was perfect to give it to Amber to use. We bought the girls a new dresser at Ikea for their room. The bedroom was in complete disarray this morning when I started, I should have taken before and after pictures. We hope to replace the windows upstairs this summer, so Amelia's room has temporary blinds on the windows. We took her closet door off for the carpet before we moved in and just left it off as it didn't latch real well, so over the weekend I bought her a super cute
curtain at Ikea for her closet "door". So now we need to get a bar or something to hang the curtain with over the door and I also need to hem the bottom so it's not so long. I may have to wait for my mom to come visit! Just kidding, I'm sure I can figure out how to hem it! Here are some pictures of my end product from today. When I walked into her room this morning there was furniture and toys
EVERYWHERE!
Amelia and Adeline's new dresser with their new night light I made them.

Adeline's side of the room
*we're hoping to move her upstairs this coming weekend

Amelia's bed with her old bedding from our old house, she had a full size bed up until about a month ago, so now she's back to a twin. This bed is temporary, it's the trundle bed from Paul's bedroom, we just need to go bed shopping for her.

Layout of their two beds.

I'm happy with the progress I made, I'm also very excited that I can see the floor again! Amelia agreed that she'd help keep it clean....we'll see how long that lasts! I feel like I'm nesting already, I am wanting to eliminate extra clutter around our house, don't be surprised if you drive by our house and see a bunch of free stuff on the curb! Haha!
2 comments:
the rooms look great! You can come over to my house and nest all you want! Kel
Looks good Ange! The girls room is so cute with both their beds and that dresser looks like it saves a lot of space in Pualy's room!
Post a Comment