Sunday, April 18, 2010

Girls overnight...

In honor of Amelia's fifth birthday, I thought she needed a special gift or outting. So my best thought was a girls overnight to include both of her Grandmas and her aunt/Godmother Amber! Originally I wanted to take her to Chicago and stay at a hotel and go to American Girl and explore Chicago, but after looking into it and realizing how much it would cost, I decided against that, since originally we had been planning to go to Florida for the space shuttle launch in May, which we are no longer doing. Then I thought we'd get a hotel in cities and go to American Girl at the Mall of America and after careful consideration, I decided that she was too young to get an American Girl doll. Maybe in a few years. So we decided upon an overnight in St Cloud. It was a great meeting place, as it was about half way for us as it was for my mom and sister.

We left Friday morning and got home around 8 last night. We had a great time, did lots of shopping, enjoyed some fun dinners out and time relaxing at the hotel pool and hot tub. I didn't get a lot of pictures, but I did get a few yesterday after our 2 hour adventure at Craft's Direct, I LOVE that store! I could spend all day there I think! I got a few things to do a couple different projects (that'll be my next post!). Overall I think Amelia had a great time, it was great for her to have all of the attention on her.

No comments: