Sunday, April 18, 2010

DIY Projects...

The last time I was at Crafts Direct (2 years ago) I saw these glass blocks with lights in them and I've been thinking about them ever since, I thought they looked really cool. Since we're in the process of moving Adeline upstairs to share a room with Amelia, I thought I'd make them a nightlight for their room. This is how it turned out, I think I'm going to still mess around with it a bit and try to adjust the lights inside it better and I may do something else for the bow on the outside, I haven't decided yet and I love the vinyl saying I picked out for it, it fits the girls perfectly.


I made this for my laundry room to cover up a hole that remains from the vent from the old water heater. Kevin's grandma use to have some random Home Interiors thing hanging there that just wasn't my style, though it remained until we remodeled the laundry room. I had bought another laundry room hanging a couple of weeks ago at Gordman's, I got it home and decided I don't really like it and it doesn't really fit my style, so I'm going to be returning that. So I've been searching for that "perfect" thing.

I found this vinyl saying at Craft's Direct, I really liked it and thought it'd fit well in my laundry room. But I was scratching my head on how I could use it, then I saw the 12x12 piece of canvas and decided that I'd paint it, apply the decal and hang it over the hole in the laundry room. I think it turned out really well. This is the end result.

1 comment:

Amber Rae said...

I think they both turned out super cute! Good choices and finds from Crafts Direct.