The gash.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Amelia visits the ER...
Amelia made her first visit to the emergency room tonight. Her and Paul were playing in the backyard (like always)and I was doing a few things in the house. I had just changed Adeline's diaper and checked on them through our bedroom window since it faces the back yard, no more than walked out to the kitchen and two minutes later Amelia came flying into the house crying that Paul hurt her, she does this often, so I didn't think much of it, but asked her where it hurt, she was holding her head but pointed at her foot, I look down at the floor and there are drops of blood everywhere she had just walked. I started investigating and noticed it was coming form her head, but couldn't find it right away, finally had to take her pony tail out and move her hair a bit and I revealed a gash in her head that was about 1-1/2 inches long. I asked her what happened and she kept telling me that Paul pushed her, Paul came in, questioned him on it, but couldn't get a straight answer from him. Put pressure on Amelia's head and called Kevin (he was in the cities) and then I called Gene (he had just went to church at 6:30), he left church and came home and drove us up to the ER so I could sit in the backseat and keep the towel on Amelia's head. Kevin met us at the hospital. Amelia was a real trooper there. Warning the below pictures are a bit graphic!
Dr Becker gave her a stuffed cat while we were in the ER, he told her it needed a good home and she named it Adeline and then changed it to Fluffy on our car ride home, she's not sleeping peacefully with Fluffy in her bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I can't believe she is smiling big while waiting for the doctor! What a trooper! So the truth of what the two were doing never came out huh? Funny how it reminds me of you and I as kids! Tell Amelia I'm thinking of her and I love her! Looks like she handles it like a big girl!
Post a Comment