Recently overheard from our children...
Amelia was bouncing on her hopping ball and Paul said to her "Meem, stop that, you're making me nervous" (She recently thought it was a good idea to bounce down two of our steps with it and nailed her cheek on a cabinet and ended up with a pretty good shiner from it)
Amelia was in the bathtub Sunday night, I got her situated in there and ran out to the kitchen to finish cleaning up from dinner. Went back in about 10 minutes later to check on her and Adeline was standing by the tub and had tossed in EIGHT, yes eight rolls of toilet paper into the tub. I asked Amelia why she didn't try to stop her and she said "Mom, she did it for a reason" And what would that reason be?
Last week at daycare Paul came out of the bathroom his shirt, shorts and underwear were wet, our daycare has no idea what happened, my only guess is that he was messing around because I can't tell you the last time he's had an accident or missed the toilet, etc. But we didn't have the diaper bag at daycare that day with the extra change of clothes, so Kim put her daughter's clothes on him and a girl pull-up as she didn't have underwear to fit him. Paul looked at Kim and said "Kimmy, I look ridiculous!" Bet that's the last time he messes around in the bathroom! :)
Kevin was cleaning the garage Sunday night, his little helper Paul was out there with him, sweeping the garage floor, he looks at Kevin and says "Dad, why don't you grab a broom and give me a hand". Where does this kid get this from?!
Amelia was in the kitchen on Saturday and Paul was watching a movie in the living room and she yells to him "Hey Paul, need anything long as I'm up?" Think she's heard that a time or two?!
Adeline is quite the character these days. Her favorite word is the same as most toddlers: "No", she's starting to talk quite a bit, at least I think so. She recently learned "ducky" and that it says "quack quack", she says "Uncle" or "Gene" usually when Gene walks into the house she says "Hi Uncle" or "Hi Gene" I think it melts his heart, "Hello" is another favorite. "Nigh-nigh" when going to bed or "Bye-Bye". "Mommy" comes out plain as day. Also says "Paul-Paul" and "Mimi" for Paul and Amelia, "Nana" for her favorite food bananas, "Papa" "Baby" is her blankies that she has to sleep with and it's not just one. "Dada", "Mil, mil"=milk and she's usually pointing for her cup or bottle (yes she still has a bottle and yes I'm trying to break that). "Hot" because she's always at my feet when I'm trying to cook dinner. "More", "Shoe" as she tires to put them on and "Go-go" when she's ready to leave. She's quite the chatty Cathy these days.
Paul is saving everything for his "Baby Brother", his old clothes, old shoes, old toys, you name it, he's saving it for his baby brother. Hopefully we'll be giving him a baby brother!
Amelia has to kiss the baby goodnight before she goes to bed every night.
These kids never cease to amaze me! I love them so much and they make me proud to be their mom.
2 comments:
So cute! its amazing what they come up with to say! I love it.
PS Rylee is still trying to get rid of her bottle too, its a lot harder with her then it was with Logan.
I think that Paul is wise beyound his years! lol. Your children amaze me withthe things they say and it makes me excited for my baby to start talking. lol!
Post a Comment