Wednesday, August 20, 2008

12 weeks in



I can't believe I already have 12 weeks behind me. That means I'm 12 weeks closer to meeting our new little one. I can hardly wait. I think the kids are pretty excited as well. Both constantly come up to me and talk to the baby in my stomach. Paul usually pulls up my shirt and says "Baby", kisses my belly and then proceeds to talk to the baby...not always real sure what he's saying. But it's super sweet anyway. Amelia is practicing to be a big sister again. She all of a sudden wants to help change Paul's diaper or do it herself. We always do it supervised! :) So hopefully she'll continue to be a good helper when the baby come!

According to my babycenter.com weekly e-mail, the baby is about the size of a lime. From crown to rump he/she is just over 2 inches long and weighs about an ounce. The most dramatic change this week is the baby is developing his/her reflexes. The baby will soon be able to open their fingers, curl their toes, muscles will clench and the mouth will start making sucking movements. How cool is all of that?! Even though this is my 3rd pregnancy, it never ceases to amaze me the things a woman's body can do. What an incredible gift from God.

I have my next Doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. He will be checking the heartbeat. I can't wait!! I love hearing the heartbeat for the first time. It's pretty stinkin' amazing! I'm finally starting to feel like my old self again, minus the constant state of tiredness that has become my life. I'm no longer nauseous and smells don't seem to bother me as much and food is starting to sound much better...however, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. However the things I craved and lived for throughout my other two pregnancies, don't always sound the greatest now.

Things I loved with Amelia: Pepperoni pizza with green olives and extra cheese (from Davanni's), Grape kool-aid, Grape pop-cicles, veggie burritos from Chipotle.

With Paul: anything spicy, jalapenos, Steak burritos from Chipotle (just couldn't do it with Amelia)

This time: nothing that I absolutely have to have. Although Chinese food doesn't sound half that bad considering I hated it with both Amelia and Paul. I am craving tacos a lot lately. That's about it!

This is a cool baby name website that Kelly told me about.

That's enough baby stuff!

It's been a crazy busy week for us already. Sunday we spent all day at the MN Zoo (see post below), Monday I worked for someone else in the morning, then picked the kids up from daycare, got home at three, got ready and then we (Kev, Amelia and I) headed back to work to catch the coach bus to go to the Saint Paul Saints Game. It was a blast. I think the kids had the best time of everyone. It was so much fun watching them all interact with each other. Amelia loved riding on the big bus and playing with her new found friends. Monday night was a late night, it was 11:30 when we rolled into the parking lot of the dental office. I'm still paying for it today! Last night we had our friends Shawn and Megan over for dinner. Tonight we just relaxed. Friday afternoon (as long as the weather holds out) we're planning on heading to the Great Minnesota Get-together. (The State Fair).

I think that's all for our update. I'll try and post an update tomorrow night after my Doctors appointment!

PS-I apologize for the rambling...I'm very tired! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its funny, I am craving a lot of the same things I did with Logan. This time I am really craving Chipotle though! Too funny!