Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Happy St Patrick's Day  In the past we've always had a party, but that was when we only had two kids! We haven't had a big St Patrick's Day party since 2008. So this year we decided we'd make it a family event and host a St Patrick's Day dinner. I cooked corned beef, potatoes and cabbage, and it turned out really well, especially since it was the first time I've ever made it. We had bought 9 pounds of corned beef and we maybe have a pound left at most. I'm going to have to write down exactly what how much we made and how many we served so I have an idea for next year, because heaven knows I won't remember that!

Our kids gearing up for the party!

Love this!
Getting to be such a big girl!




The kids painting their leprechaun masks



Addie showing off her mask



My shamrock cake...before the frosting

After the frosting...
the cake cut...beautiful shade of green. white cake with Wilton food dye color "Kelly Green" frosting is Wilton's food dye "Leaf Green"

No comments: